Friday, February 18, 2011

Petals of Happiness

I have started thinking about my Spring/Summer garden. 

Last year, I was able to get some starts off of the "Rose of Sharon"
bushes from a dear friend.  I have 5 starts that are little twigs but they were free to me.
I will nurture them with care this year to make sure they get a great start.


Also, last year, I planted a Hydrangea bush. 
I planted it after my visit to The Biltmore Estate / Gardens
on my honeymoon.  I had always wanted a Hydrangea bush. 
The bushes at The Biltmore were so beautiful. 
If you have never been, it's a must see. 

I also have 3 Peony bushes that will have a second
Spring/Summer season to grow and flourish. 

My favorite flower is the Daisy and I have a pretty good garden of them.
I planted them under an old windmill tower that isn't in use any longer. 


This picture is a picture I've posted before.  I love walking outside and cutting fresh flowers for my home.  They are usually around for several weeks.






The first sign of Spring in my yard will be the Tulips.


Every year I want to add something new to my garden and it has to be a Perennial.
Perennials come back year after year and help to make my garden maintenance free.


I haven't decided yet what I will add this year.
I'm thinking a climbing rose bush.


Do you have any recommendations for me?



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have visited my Blog and would like to leave a note, please feel free to do so. Thank you for stopping by, ~ Lisa ~