Thursday, February 3, 2011

Salsa - Semi Homemade Recipe

~ The weather outside is.... h o r r i b l e... icy and cold!!!!  

~ What do I want to do when the weather is horrible? 
Cook, bake or both and EAT!

~ We can't go outside in this now can we?

Click on any picture for a closer view
View outside my kitchen window


Looking North... I think I'll stay INSIDE a while longer!


Looking out my front store to the South....icy and cold and desolate.


I love how the Sun glistens on the icy chips that have fallen from the tree limbs. 
I can't wait to be on the riding mower mowing this lawn once again!


~ So.... instead of going outside and going anywhere yesterday,
  I decided to try a new recipe.
I had made a trip to the grocery a few days before I heard of the
coming ice storm and had my ingredients on hand. 

~ I had previously found a recipe for salsa and wanted to try it. 
The only thing I might add next time is some fresh cilantro, other than that,
my husband and I really LOVED it and it might just be our new salsa recipe.

~ Buying salsa at the grocery can be quite expensive. 
Especially, how much we like to eat.
My husband and I do NOT like a really hot salsa either. 
We like our salsa mild.  Now, I can make it just the way we like it.

Look how yummy it looks here, freshly blended and ready to eat!


I store it in a glass bowl covered tightly until we are ready to enjoy


Here is the recipe:

 One 14oz can of stewed "Mexican style" tomatoes

 One 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chile's
(I selected mild but you want a spicier flavor so you could get medium)

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

  *Next time, I am adding some fresh cilantro

Place all of these ingredients into your blender and give it a few spins. 
Blend to your desired consistency. 
I tasted it right away but have noticed letting it sit overnight that
the flavors blended beautifully and tastes even better.

~ Thanks for stopping by ~
~ Lisa ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have visited my Blog and would like to leave a note, please feel free to do so. Thank you for stopping by, ~ Lisa ~