Monday, February 7, 2011

What is Love?

~ Valentine's Day is 1 week from today.



~ I've been thinking about a couple of "special" gifts for my husband. 
Not mushy kinds of gifts but practical gifts that
I know he would enjoy and love to have. 

~ I also have been pondering about what LOVE really means to me. 

Defining Love…

Love is patient,
love is kind.

It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.

It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

Love never fails…

1 Corinthians 13:4-8


~ Some people look at Valentine's Day as just another holiday to spend money on.

~ I look at Valentine's Day as a special day to stop
and take a moment to pause and remember what
you really love about your mate,
your children or your family members and friends
and how blessed we are to have those
special people in our lives each and every day. 


~ I think it's important to have loving people around you. 

~ God meant for us to have people
around us and did not want us to be alone.

~ He even created a help mate for Adam with Eve. 

~ Will you show that special someone in
your life how much they mean to you?
Not just on Valentine's Day but every day.

~ Thanks for stopping by ~
~ Lisa ~









1 comment:

  1. Okay Lisa,
    You are officially the sweetest person ever!!!! Thank you for all your sweetness today. Love that bible verse...One of my faves. Have a wonderful day my dear friend. Blessings.


    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete

If you have visited my Blog and would like to leave a note, please feel free to do so. Thank you for stopping by, ~ Lisa ~