Monday, September 27, 2010

My Old {New} Cedar Chest

~ Kevin and I were roaming Webb Antiques in Richmond, Indiana
one weekend and found an old cedar chest,
it was hidden under a bunch of other junk treasures.

~ It's a fun place to go because they also serve lunch. 
We like to go and have lunch and splurge and have dessert.

~ We had been looking for a place to store our "blankies" that we use when we get a chill in the Winter or Summer (from AC).

~ This is the cute little chest we bought.

Before pictures


Click on any picture for closer view

All it needs is some TLC ♥






It took quite a bit of sanding,
this is when my arm really starting to hurt...
Maybe I should buy me an electric sander????





Here I have the chest sanded and patched...
ready for a coat of primer.





I love it white with the coat of primer but
my plans are to paint it red, distress it and
give it a home in our Patriotic room.






After pictures


Ta da.... finished product
{well almost}.

I'm still looking for an eagle or patriotic type
emblem to put on the front. 

I'm in no hurry as I have to find the perfect emblem. 
But... we don't have to wait to start using it.






Here is an up close picture of the finish,
if you click on the picture, you can see it even better.






Let's take a peak inside...
YES.... that's Kevin's blanket you see,
he is a Chicago Bears fan. 

My blanket is out... laying on me... because I am cold today.

We refreshed the cedar inside by sanding with 180 grit sandpaper. 
Just use a fine sandpaper to refresh the cedar inside.
You can do this every year.



This chest will last us for many years to come and will
help store our "blankies" out of sight when not in use.


~ Thanks for stopping by ~

~ Lisa ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have visited my Blog and would like to leave a note, please feel free to do so. Thank you for stopping by, ~ Lisa ~